Breaking! No Life Was Lost At Lekki Toll Gate Shootings — Sanwo-Olu Insists

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Nominates Mahmud Yakubu, Fani-Kayode, Omokri, Others as Ambassadors

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has forwarded a fresh list of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation. The list features a mix of seasoned career diplomats and high-profile non-career appointees, including several notable political figures whose nominations have instantly generated significant public discourse. ​This second batch of nominations comes…

Why Guinea-Bissau Coup is More Painful Than 2015 Election Loss– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has described the recent military coup in Guinea-Bissau, which halted a nearly completed electoral process, as a deeper personal blow than his own 2015 presidential election defeat. ​In a statement following his evacuation from the West African nation where he was serving as an election observer, Jonathan…

Kano Govt Demands Immediate Arrest of Ex-Governor Ganduje Over Security Comments

By Abiola Olawale The Kano State Executive Council has called for the immediate investigation and arrest of the former Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, following what it describes as "inciting and reckless" public comments concerning the state's security situation. The demand, raised after a State Executive Council meeting on Thursday, accused the former governor of…

Ad

By Shakirudeen Bankole

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has reiterated that contrary to rumours making the rounds, no life was actually lost at the Tuesday night shooting of peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate by some yet to be identified soldiers.

Speaking on Arise Television, Wednesday, he said given the information available to him and personal confirmations he has made so far, “there is no evidence that a single life was lost” in the shooting. The Governor claimed he got reports that two died from the actions of the night, even  though he failed to directly link the death to the incident. His denial tallies with his earlier submission while addressing the state in a live broadcast, Wednesday, where he claimed no fatality was recorded from the shootings.

His insistence, however, negated the information being circulated on the social media and as well as the figure projected by the Amnesty International.

Amnesty International on Wednesday had said at least 12 people died from the army onslaught against unarmed protesters on that bloody night.

A particular Nigerian Celebrity, popularly known as DJ Switch, gave a rare insight into the shooting as she did covered the scenario live on her Instagram handle.

According to her, dozens of lives were lost as a result of the clampdown.

Ad

X whatsapp