Boko Haram ambushes military commander’s convoy

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

The Jollof Rice Rivalry: From Banter to Collaborative Culinary Unity – An Analysis of a Proposal for Standardization

By Sonny Iroche Introduction The Jollof rice rivalry, a light-hearted yet fervent debate among West Africans, particularly between Nigerians, Ghanaians, and Senegalese, has transcended kitchens and spilled into social media, music, and even international diplomacy. At its core, this rivalry centers on claims of superiority in preparing Jollof rice, a vibrant, tomato-based rice dish flavored…

‘Your bitterness Against Tinubu is well known,’ Lagos APC Blasts Obasanjo

By Obinna Uballa The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has fired back at former President Olusegun Obasanjo for reportedly describing President Bola Tinubu’s administration as “competing with Buhari in incompetence.” Obasanjo made the remark in his new book, Nigeria: Past and Future, launched in March alongside Lest We Forget: Slavery, Slave…

Ad

Suspected Boko Haram insurgents on Tuesday ambushed the convoy of the Acting General Officer Commanding, GOC, 7 Division, the Nigerian Army has said.

The Army spokesperson, Sani Usman, said in a statement that “the leading elements of the Acting General Officer Commanding, GOC, 7 Division Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu’s leading convoy  was about 8.30am on Tuesday morning ambushed by suspected Boko Haram terrorists enroute to visit troops in Bama, Borno state, north east Nigeria”.

He said “although 1 soldier lost his live and 2 others were injured, they were able to clear the ambush, killing some of the terrorists and recovered vehicle and weapons from them”.

He said the recovered items include a Toyota Hilux vehicle, 2 AK-47 rifles and several ammunitions.

The Acting GOC has continued his operational visit to Bama, while the body of the late soldier and the wounded had been evacuated to Maiduguri, the statement added.

He added that Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Yusuf Buratai, a lieutenant general, has also spoken with the GOC.

“The Nigerian Army wish to reiterate its unalloyed commitment and determination to continue to clear the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hiding,” he said.

The attack came a day after soldiers clashed with Boko Haram militants in Borno State.

Ad

X whatsapp