Afghanistan: Suicide Bomber kills 4 Near Defense Ministry in Kabul

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

A suicide attack near the Defense Ministry in Kabul has killed at least four people and wounded 11, according to an Afghan official.

The attack Wednesday in the Pule Mahmoud Khan area of Kabul targeted an Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) vehicle, Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said.
Some civilians were among the casualties, he added.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Latest in spate of attacks

The attack comes days after an apparent suicide bombing at the largest US base in the country,which just observed the 15th anniversary of operations against the war on terror.
Four Americans were killed in the attack early Saturday at Bagram Airfield, US Defense Secretary Ash Carter said.
Two of those killed were service members, and two were contractors, Carter said, adding he was “deeply saddened” by the news.
Also last week, a suicide car bomb targeted the German consulate in Afghanistan’s northern Balkh province on Thursday, local police and officials said.
Four people were killed and more 100 were injured when the attack happened in Mazar-e-Sharif, the provincial capital, Balkh province spokesman Monir Ahmad Farhad said. No German diplomats were hurt.

Ad

X whatsapp