AFCON: Reactions Ahead Of Osimhen’s Arrival At Eagles’ Camp

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
Arsenal Lead Race To Sign Striker Victor Osimhen From Napoli

Ad

Oil Prices Dip but Stay on Track to Extend Last Week’s Gains

Crude oil prices were set for another weekly rise after additional 25% tariffs on Indian exports to the United States kicked in on Wednesday, raising doubts about the supply of Russian crude. At the time of writing, Brent crude was trading at $68.17 per barrel, with West Texas Intermediate at $64.20 per barrel, both slightly down from Thursday’s close…

Tesla sales tumble 40% in Europe as BYD surges past rival

By Obinna Uballa Tesla’s grip on the European electric vehicle market continued to loosen in July, with sales plunging 40% year-on-year even as Chinese challenger BYD posted explosive growth, according to data from the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) on Thursday. New car registrations of Tesla vehicles totaled 8,837 in July, down 40% year-on-year, according…

Tinubu Returns to Abuja, Says Foreign Engagements ‘ll Enhance Nigeria’s Economic Growth

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Abuja on Thursday, August 28, 2025, following a state visit to Brazil and an earlier visit to Japan. Shortly after his return, Tinubu stated that his international engagements are focused on fostering economic growth, job creation, and long-term prosperity for Nigerians. In a statement shared on…

Ad

Nigerians have begun to react as Victor Osimhen is expected to arrive Nigeria’s Super Eagles camp on January 3rd.

According to reports, the Super Eagles will begin preparations for the African Cup of Nations competition in Abuja on Wednesday.

The three-time African kings will train in Abuja for few days before travelling to Garoua, Cameroon for their final preparation on January 5.

Osimhen, who had been a doubt for the biennial competition after sustaining a serious facial injury in Napoli’s defeat to Inter Milan in November was named in Nigeria’s 28-man squad on Saturday after declaring himself fit to play for his country.

“We expect Victor [Osimhen] to join up with the rest of the squad at least by 3 of January,” NFF director of communications, Ademola Olajire, told BBC Sport Africa.

“It is unnecessary to react to every report in the media about our players availability or potential non-availability for the tournament.

“But the NFF is confident that our players including Osimhen understands the country’s desire for a fourth continental title. It is important to have all our players show same commitment and ambitious traits as displayed by Osimhen.”

The West Africans will begin their quest for a fourth African title against the Pharaohs of Egypt on January 11.

However, the news has generated controversy on social media as some Nigerians opined that Osimhen is joining the country team at his own expense while some said it is a good news.

Read some of the reactions: “Machaveli……we all love and admire his patriotism, no question; but he should be careful… let’s not all forget what happened with the likes of Ike Shorunmu and his club; when he decided to be fully patriotic with his call-up at one point. The story is well-documented, y’all can do a quick Google check on it if you’re not aware ooo.

“Richie, check out what happened to Nii Odartey Lamptey who picked country over club. When the going got tough, Ghana dumped him and moved on. We are only to myopic and narrow minded at times in this country @IgbehinAbo.

“I wish Osimhen well but he should remember that if he picks up any injury at AFCON, aside the “Get well card ” NFF will not do ANYTHING for him. There are precedents if he cares to check.@Abdulrazak

Ad

X whatsapp