Abducted Lecturers, Students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic Regain Freedom

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
Abducted Lecturers, Students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic Regain Freedom

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

Abducted lecturers and students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna, have regained freedom, an official said on Friday.

The institution’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Abdullahi Shehu, made the disclosure in Zaria in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria ((NAN).

Shehu said that the two lecturers and six students regained freedom on Thursday night and had been reunited with their families after spending 31-day in captivity.

NAN reports that some gunmen attacked the polytechnic on June 10 and took away some lecturers and students.

The incident led to the death of one student while some others sustained injuries.

Shehu declined comment on payment of ransom for the release of the lecturers and students, but told NAN that their families dialogued with their kidnappers before their release.

He advised students to be security conscious and avoid moving at night.

He assured students and the general public of improved security in the institution. (NAN)

Ad

X whatsapp