Seyi Tinubu Denies Allegations of Bribery, Abduction, and Torture of NANS President, Isah

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

U.S. Crude Stocks Fall Another 2.4 Million Barrels

Crude oil inventories in the United States decreased by 2.4 million barrels during the week ending August 22, after falling 6 million barrels in the week prior, according to new data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released on Wednesday. The build brings commercial stockpiles to 418.3 million barrels according to government data, which…

NASA Chief, Experts Hail SpaceX as its Starship nails key test flight after fiery failures

By Obinna Uballa SpaceX's major win on Tuesday as its big Starship rocket successfully completed a critical test flight, marking a turnaround after a string of explosive setbacks earlier in the year, has elicited reactions, reports said. Experts have reportedly hailed the move as groundbreaking. The more-than-400-foot rocket, central to SpaceX’s commercial ambitions and NASA’s…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

Seyi Tinubu, son of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has refuted claims that he offered a N100 million bribe to the President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Comrade Atiku Abubakar Isah, and was involved in his alleged abduction and torture.

This comes after Isah claimed he was allegedly offered N100 million by Seyi Tinubu to influence the student body’s stance on certain political matters.

When he rejected the bribe, Isah alleged he was kidnapped, assaulted, and tortured.

He alleged: “I was abducted on the 15th of April. I was stripped naked and beaten seriously in collaboration with the MD of NTA… I did that to gain my freedom, but immediately, I released a press statement that I was forced under duress. Because I was naked, I was beaten. They claimed they would share the video.”

He further accused unnamed individuals of threatening to cover up any potential fallout, even suggesting that his life could be taken with no consequences.

“They told me that nothing would happen if they shared the video, and even if they killed me, Seyi Tinubu would order a cover-up. Ladoja, who was involved, said he would instruct the Inspector General of Police to cover it up and that if the police didn’t comply, he would go,” he added.

However, Seyi, who took to his official Instagram account, categorically denied the allegations, describing them as “baseless” and “malicious attempts” to tarnish his reputation and that of his family.

He emphasized that he has no history of engaging in such criminal activities and challenged accusers to provide evidence to substantiate their claims.

Seyi Tinubu stated: “Wow.. how can someone lie with so much confidence…?? Wow wow… an attempt to defame my character. May God be with you, Comrade Atiku Isah.”

In another post, he added, “I have never held a meeting to discuss any subject matter with Comrade Isah in Lagos or anywhere else in the world. I have never knowingly met him before. Neither did I visit any location with thugs.”

“All these allegations made by Atiku Isah are completely fictional.”

Ad

X whatsapp