Anxieties As FBI Reveals: Trump’s Cabinet Nominees Are Being Targeted with Bomb Threats

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Jose Mourinho eyes Premier League return after shocking sack by Turkish Fenerbahce

By Obinna Uballa Portuguese manager, Jose Mourinho, has been sacked as head coach of Turkish giants Fenerbahce after just one season in charge, following the club’s failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage, with speciations over Premier League return already surfacing. The 62-year-old manager left his role on Friday, two days after…

US Core Inflation Climbs to 2.9% In As Tariffs Weigh on Economy

By Obinna Uballa Core inflation in the United States rose to 2.9% in July, marking its highest level since February and signaling that tariffs are filtering through the economy, according to Commerce Department data released Friday.n The personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index, the measure closely watched by the Federal Reserve Bank, showed core prices,…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

Apprehension has been escalating ahead of the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 47th President of the United States.

This is as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) revealed that some members of Trump’s incoming administration have received threats including bomb alerts.

The FBI said it is aware of the threats, assuring that it is working with other security agencies to ensure the safety of Trump’s nominees.

The statement reads in part: “The FBI is aware of numerous bomb threats and swatting incidents targeting incoming administration nominees and appointees, and we are working with our law enforcement partners.”

This comes after the spokesperson for Trump’s transition team, Karoline Leavitt, had said that several appointees and nominees “were targeted in violent, unAmerican threats to their lives and those who live with them.”

Also, Trump’s nominee as United States Ambassador to the UN, Elise Stefanik, said her residence in New York was targeted in a bomb threat.

In a statement, Stefanik said the incident happened when she, her husband, and her son were driving home from Washington for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Similarly, Lee Zeldin, Trump’s pick to lead the Environmental Protection Agency, said his home was targeted with a pipe bomb threat sent with a “pro-Palestinian themed message.”

The former congressman from New York said he and his family were not home at the time.

The New Diplomat also recalls that Trump himself had been targeted during his campaign.
It would be recalled that Trump suffered two shooting incidents.

In July, a gunman grazed the former president’s ear after shooting at him during a Pennsylvania rally.

Then, in September, a man was arrested for pointing a rifle at Trump who was golfing on his course in West Palm Beach.

Ad

X whatsapp