N500 Million Controversy: Access Bank, VeryDarkMan In Hot Exchanges

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

US denies visas for Palestinian officials before UN assembly

The administration of United States President Donald Trump has announced it is denying and revoking visas for members of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Palestinian Authority (PA) before the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September. The announcement was made in a statement released by the US Department of State on Friday. “The…

2027: Crack as Tinubu’s Northern ally, Senator Marafa Dumps APC, accuses president of betrayal, neglect

By Obinna Uballa A major crack has emerged in President Bola Tinubu’s Northern political base as a key stakeholder and former Zamfara Central Senator, Kabiru Garba Marafa, together with his supporters, have all resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing the president of betrayal and neglect. Marafa, who reportedly coordinated the Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Organisation…

Ad

  • VeryDarkMan: “Access Bank Failed To Account For N500m Missing From A Deceased’s account”
  • Access Bank: “That Is Not True… No Fund Was Missing”

By Abiola Olawale

The management of Access Bank Plc and popular social media influencer Vincent Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, are embroiled in a heated exchange of words regarding an allegation surrounding the reported disappearance of the sum of N500 million from the account of a deceased customer.

VeryDarkMan had earlier taken to social media pages where he accused Access Bank of allegedly engaging in unethical activities.

He had said the financial institution allegedly mishandled the account of a deceased customer, with the disputed amount reaching an alarming figure of N500 million.

However, Access Bank, in a press statement, denied the allegations.

The financial institution clarified that there are no discrepancies in its financial management.

The Bank, in the statement, said: “Our attention has been drawn to a video on social media wherein allegations of missing funds and unethical behaviour have been made against Access Bank PLC.

“First and foremost, we wish to emphasise that the safety and security of our customers’ funds are core priorities which we take seriously. Second, Access Bank Plc does not engage in or condone any unethical behaviour.

“In the instant case, the allegations of missing funds in the Bank are most untrue and baseless.

“There is no N500 million or any other fund or amount missing from the subject customer’s account or any other customer’s account with us.

“We and other independent stakeholders in the banking industry have thoroughly investigated these allegations and independently arrived at the same conclusions.”

In a counter-reaction, VeryDarkMan maintained that Access Bank has yet to address the serious allegations. He expressed his concerns, stating that the bank had not provided any clear explanations regarding the missing transaction details on the dead customer’s bank statement for the period between 2017 and 2019.

He also vowed to take serious steps on the development, saying he would not allow the case to be “swept under the carpet”.

He stated: “Access Bank, I have seen your response to the allegations of the missing N500 million from a dead client’s account. Let’s all get ready; this week go long.

“The woman (sister of the deceased), will be coming to Abuja tomorrow…my first question to access the bank, why did the bank statement skip from 2016 to 2020? Where is the statement of 2017,2018 and 2019?”

Ad

X whatsapp