Middle East Crisis: UN Orders Probe Into Viral Video Where Israeli Troops Were Allegedly Seen Throwing Off Bodies

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

By Abiola Olawale

The United Nations has directed an immediate investigation into a video footage where Israeli soldiers were allegedly filmed throwing dead Palestinians from a rooftop in the West Bank town of Qabatiya, Palestine following a raid.

The footage of the incident which was said to have been filmed in the northern town of Qabatiya, near Jenin, appears to show an Israeli military bulldozer allegedly picking up and removing the bodies.

The images have sparked widespread outrage. Reacting to the video, UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric described the footage as “grotesque” and “inhumane”, urging for a “transparent” investigation into it.

Also, US national security spokesperson, John Kirby called the show of brutality “deeply disturbing”, adding that the US is waiting for the results of an Israeli army investigation into the incident.

Kirby added that the video constitutes “an egregious behaviour by professional soldiers” if verified.

The New Diplomat reports that there has been a spike in violence in the West Bank since Hamas’s attack on Israel in October 2023 and the ensuing war in Gaza.

More than 690 Palestinians have been reportedly killed since then, the Palestinian health ministry says, as Israeli forces have intensified their nearly daily search and arrest raids.

In Gaza, more than 41,000 Palestinians have been reportedly killed as a result of Israeli military action, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.

Ad

X whatsapp