King Charles breaks royal protocol to reward ‘darling boy’ Prince Harry

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

 

King Charles breaks royal protocol to reward ‘darling boy’ Prince Harry

Prince Harry was seemingly shown a major gesture by his cancer-stricken father King Charles to mark milestone event in his life.

The monarch seemingly broke a long-held tradition for senior working royals for the sake of his darling son, who has been making consistent efforts to reach out to him in the past few months.

In the first time since three years, the Duke of Sussex received a formal birthday greeting from not only King Charles’ office but also from the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Daily Mail’s Diary Editor Richard Eden pointed out on social media a major break royal tradition for Harry.

“This is intriguing: Buckingham Palace has previously said birthday wishes were sent on social media only to ‘working royals’,” Eden wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

In the past, it has been stressed that the Royal Family will not mark the birthdays of non-working royals on social media, unless they were “significant” birthdays.

However, it is possible that an exception for Harry was made after he made an emergency dash to see his father, following his personal call about his cancer diagnosis.

The meeting was limited to mere 30-45 minutes at Clarence House, but it may have triggered movements towards a truce. Now, it remains to be seen if Prince Harry’s rumoured demands for a ‘part-time’ royal role are granted by the King.

Credit: The News

Ad

X whatsapp