Arase’s Sack: Crisis Escalates As PSC Workers Unions Tell Tinubu to Sack IGP Egbetokun Over Recruitment Saga

The New Diplomat
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

  • PSC Workers Union To Tinubu: “Police Force Wanted To Smuggle Over 1000 Names Into Recruitment List…”
  • NPF: “It’s A Lie, The Recruitment List Was Marred With Corruption, Nepotism”

By Abiola Olawale

The Police Service Commission (PSC) workers unions and the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) are currently embroiled in a verbal dispute, exchanging allegations and counter-allegations of corruption and nepotism over the recently released recruitment list of successful Police personnel and constables.

This is as the PSC workers unions urged President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to sack Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Kayode Egbetokun on grounds of allegations of purported moves to undermine the police recruitment process.

The Chairman of the Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria (ASCSN) and Joint Union Congress of the Police Service Commission (PSC), Adoyi Adoyi, who spoke with the press in Abuja, denied allegations made by the NPF that the recruitment process of Police personnel and constables was marred with irregularities and corruption.

Adoyi while describing the allegations as false and untrue wondered why Egbetokun would stoop so low to dent the reputation of the PSC.

Adoyi alleged that it was some individuals within the Police Force ranks that wanted to smuggle in over 1000 names into the recruitment list.

He said he has evidence that some powerful individuals in the police Force wanted to include unknown names in the recruitment list but that the PSC under the leadership of retired IGP Solomon Arase stood firm and rejected all attempts to add unqualified persons.

However, IGP Egbetokun, in a statement issued by the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, had rejected the recruitment list.

In the statement, Adejobi disclosed that Egbetokun had written to the PSC raising concerns on the inclusion of several names of persons who didn’t even apply and didn’t take part in the recruitment exercise.

Adejobi also alleged that the list also included names of candidates who had failed either the Computer Test or the physical screening, as well as those disqualified for being medically unfit.
It would be recalled that PSC chairman, Solomon Arase had been sacked by president Tinubu over alleged fraudulent handling of the last recruitment process into the NPF. But the PSC workers unions have started voicing their opposition to the sack of Arase.

Ad

X whatsapp