BREAKING: Evans Is In Our Custody, Police Insists

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

“MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE IMPLORED TO DISREGARD EVERY MISLEADING MEDIA REPORT PUBLISHED IN BOTH PRINT AND SOCIAL MEDIA THAT HE HAS BEEN RELEASED AND ALL CRIMINAL CHARGES DROPPED” – POLICE

This was in contrary to reports that the whereabout of the Kidnap kingpin, Chukwuduneme Onwuamadike a.k.a. Evans, has become unknown as he has since been moved from the Lagos Police Command Headquarters some days back which has caused serious worries among his sympathizers.

Evans was reported to have been secretly taken away by about 30 armed men at midnight few days ago to an undisclosed location. Some senior police officers in the know say he was moved to Abuja.

With the new development, Evans who has constantly been in the news becoming the toast of newsmen for the daily revelations of his criminal endeavours to the public now has no access to the Press.

The Saturday Sun had earlier reported that some senior police officers who spoke on condition of anonymity, expressed fears that Evans might not make it to the court.

They argued that he might plot his escape from prison or get across to some of his members who are still on the run.

“He has not been returned since he was moved out. Evans is a broken man; police can’t resort to extra-judicial killings at this point. He is cooperating, and he is ready to help return all his ill-gotten wealth as soon as possible,” one of the officers said.

Another reliable source at the Police Command said: “Evans is not an ordinary criminal. I guess that they took him out for further investigation but I don’t know why they are yet to return him to his cell.

“No one is planning to kill Evans. I believe that they will return him later. He could be in any good cell in the state for security reasons, but I can assure you that he is not dead yet. Even if anything happens to him, if he dies in custody, it will be as a result of cancer which he claims he is suffering from.”

Ad

X whatsapp