Owo Massacre: How Security Operatives Nabbed Five Terror Suspects

Abiola Olawale
Writer
Owo Massacre: How Security Operatives Nabbed Five Terror Suspects

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Ad

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has disclosed how the five suspects linked to the terror attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, were arrested.

Earlier on Tuesday, The New Diplomat had reported that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, announced that security agencies have arrested some of masterminds of the Owo attack.

Speaking at a meeting with editors and media executives in Abuja on Tuesday, Irabor said that their arrest was made possible by joint operations of all the security agencies.

He added that some of the suspects would be paraded after the conclusion of investigation.

Giving concrete explanation on how the arrest was made, Akeredolu who spoke while receiving the chairman of the state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Ondo State, Prince Leke Adegbite, and his executive members, said the security operatives successfully trailed the suspects.

The governor disclosed that the person who allegedly housed the suspected terrorists before carrying out the attack had also been arrested.

He also assured that other members of the terror group would be apprehended in due course.

In his words, ”Now that the military has announced it, I can tell you that five of them have been arrested now. They are still on the trail of the rest. The home where they lodged in Owo and the person who lodged them before the attack, have also been arrested.

“We did not spare a moment. I am happy that the Chief of Defence Staff has announced it.

“We have known for a while but we needed not to come out with it because more works are still ongoing. I can confirm that this arrest has been made. And they are still on the trail of some of them.”

Ad

X whatsapp