Three Aspirants Have Stepped Down For Osinbajo — Campaign DG

The New Diplomat
Writer
Three Aspirants Have Stepped Down For Osinbajo -- Campaign DG

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

The list of presidential aspirants in the All Progressives Congress has been trimmed to just two, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and former Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State.

The Director-General of the Yemi Osinbajo Campaign Organisation, Senator Kabiru Gaya made this known stating that three aspirants had stepped down.

Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State had earlier in the day confirmed that a shortlist of five aspirants had been sent to the President Muhammadu Buhari for consideration.

The five aspirants were identified as Tinubu, Osinbajo, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, his Ebonyi State counterpart, Dave Umahi; and the immediate past Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi.

However, Gaya, who represents Kano-South senatorial district, told Channels Television that the list has now been trimmed to two, claiming that three presidential aspirants had stepped down for the Vice-President.

However, the senator failed to identify the three aspirants, only claiming that former Senate President Ken Nnamani who stepped down on Monday did so in honour of Osinbajo.

“We have Vice-President Osinbajo and Bola Tinubu. I am aware that some aspirants have stepped down for Osinbajo. Nnamani and two others have stepped down for Osinbajo.”

Ad

X whatsapp