Oluwo Denies Demanding N20m From Oyetola To Wed Kano Princess

Abiola Olawale
Writer
Oluwo Denies Demanding N20m From Oyetola To Wed Kano Princess

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

The palace of the Oluwo of Iwo has denied reports that Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale is soliciting for a total of N20million funds from Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun state, to finance his upcoming marriage to a daughter of the Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero.

Earlier on Friday, a letter dated February 8, 2022 and addressed to Oyetola surfaced online wherein the royal father purportedly solicited money for his proposed Kano wedding.

The letter read in parts, “I have the instruction of the His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, the Oluwo of Iwo, to notify you of Oluwo’s decision to marry a princess from Kano Emirate, to be precise, Ado Bayero Dynasty.

“I wish to remind your Excellency that this kind of royal wedding within two notable traditional institutions in Nigeria will require huge expenses, which necessitate the support of the state government financially, even logistically.”

However, in a statement issued on Friday by the press secretary to Oluwo, Alli Ibrahim, the palace denied seeking financial assistance from the governor, describing the letter as fake.

The statement reads, “We read with total dismay a letter purportedly said to emanate from the palace of Oluwo of Iwoland seeking financial assistance on his personal affairs, wedding.

“While we commend the enlightened public for their sense of fair judgement, we want to categorically state it that the letter is fake and did not emanate from the palace of Oluwo.

“The said letter lacks basic in-house styles of Oluwo’s palace correspondence. Oluwo always appends his personal signature while writing the government. Equally, the font in the letter is not our official style. At the said date on the letter, Oluwo was not in the state up till now.

“And his secretary has no audacity, whatsoever to sign on behalf of His Majesty while communicating with the government. The letter was orchestrated by mischievous people whose mission is to discredit the palace. Marriage is a personal affair. There is no marriage venture too big for Oluwo to finance on his own.

“Those circulating such should exercise caution. Queen is coming but not in haste of the public demand. We enjoin reasonable individuals to get their facts before jumping on the bandwagon.”

 

Ad

X whatsapp