Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Held Responsible If Anything Happen to Igbos – S’East Group

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer
IPOB Leader, Nnamdi kanu

Ad

U.S. Oil Output Beats Weekly Estimates in June

U.S. crude oil production hit a new record in June at 13.58 million barrels per day, according to the Energy Information Administration’s latest Petroleum Supply Monthly. That’s 133,000 barrels more than May and 2.5 percent higher than a year ago. The new monthly figures also show a sharp disconnect from the EIA’s weekly estimates. For…

Zelenskyy fumes as ex-Ukrainian parliament speaker is shot dead

By Obinna Uballa Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has condemned the killing of former parliament speaker Andriy Parubiy as a “horrendous murder,” vowing that every resource will be deployed to track down the attacker. “All necessary forces and means are engaged in the investigation and search for the killer,” Zelenskyy said in a statement on social…

Rivers Crisis: Fubara will return as governor after September 18, Wike declares

• Hails LG election as peaceful By Obinna Uballa Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has assured that Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, and the State House of Assembly will resume their constitutional duties once the emergency rule in the state expires on September 18. Wike, who spoke to journalists on Saturday…

Ad

The South East Restoration Group has taken a different position in the ensuing condemnations following the Arewa’s quit notice, asking Ndigbo to hold the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Mazi Nnamdi Kanu responsible should anything happen to any Igbo man in any part of the country.

The group said Kanu had been using his Biafra agitation to defraud and deceive innocent Igbos to rebel against the Nigerian government, whilst the elders kept mute until things got out of hand.

Recall that a coalition of Northern Youth Groups tagged “The Kaduna Declaration” had given all Igbos residing in any part of Northern Nigeria three months to relocate to their places of origin. The order was widely condemned by many Nigerians, including the president, governors and prominent leaders.

Charles Mbani, National Co-ordinator of the Igbo socio-political organization, said Kanu and his collaborators were “hell bent on destroying the hard-earned resources of Igbos in Nigeria through their actions, with grave danger for the peaceful co-existence of Nigeria as the only country that we can all call our own.”

He said the order might not be unconnected with the clamour for the rebirth of Biafra by Kanu and his team.

Mbani said in a statement “let us make it abundantly it clear that the self-centred, selfish and criminally minded Biafra agitation that was conceived by Kanu, his political sponsors and gang of criminals who are always high on cheap substance alone is the greatest threats to the Igbos not only in the north but everywhere in the country including the south-east where Nnamdi’s IPOB and its collaborators known as MASSOB have continued to use threats and intimidation to destroy the economic life of the Igbo people.”

The group further called on the security agencies to be at alert and not hesitate to do the needful should any individual or group of persons decide to take up arms against the other ethnic group anywhere in the country.

Ad

X whatsapp