Reactions As Obaseki Demolishes Houses Belonging To Oshiomole’s Men

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer
Odubu’s house bulldozed

Ad

U.S. Oil Output Beats Weekly Estimates in June

U.S. crude oil production hit a new record in June at 13.58 million barrels per day, according to the Energy Information Administration’s latest Petroleum Supply Monthly. That’s 133,000 barrels more than May and 2.5 percent higher than a year ago. The new monthly figures also show a sharp disconnect from the EIA’s weekly estimates. For…

Zelenskyy fumes as ex-Ukrainian parliament speaker is shot dead

By Obinna Uballa Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has condemned the killing of former parliament speaker Andriy Parubiy as a “horrendous murder,” vowing that every resource will be deployed to track down the attacker. “All necessary forces and means are engaged in the investigation and search for the killer,” Zelenskyy said in a statement on social…

Rivers Crisis: Fubara will return as governor after September 18, Wike declares

• Hails LG election as peaceful By Obinna Uballa Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has assured that Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, and the State House of Assembly will resume their constitutional duties once the emergency rule in the state expires on September 18. Wike, who spoke to journalists on Saturday…

Ad

By Segun Amure

The Edo state government on Tuesday bulldozed buildings belonging to three close allies of his predecessor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, sparking reactions from victims of the demolition.

The demolished buildings belong to former Deputy Governor of the state, Dr Pius Odubu, a member of the House of Representatives Prof. Julius Ihonvbere and Sports Marketer, Mr. Mike Etemuagbon.

According to reports, Odubu’s property, located at Dennis Osadebe Avenue, GRA, in Benin, was occupied by his younger brother and his family at the time it was demolished.

For Hon. Ihonvbere who previously served as Secretary to the Edo State government in the second term of Adams Oshiomhole, his house located along Edo Osagie street, GRA, Benin was also brought down.

Rubbles of the demolished Ihonvbere’s house in Benin City

Reacting, the former Deputy Odubu described the development as unfortunate, adding that the matter was already before the court.

He stated that the information regarding the demolition came to him as a surprise.

His statement reads, “The information came to me this afternoon, March 23, that my property situated at Dennis Osadebe avenue has been brought down by agents of the government on the directive of the governor.

“Before now, my attention was brought to a publication in the Observer newspaper in January, that the C of O of my property had been revoked without prior notice given to me.

“I went to court in the matter and I am surprised that after they have been served, the government still went ahead to bring down my house with a bulldozer.

“My younger one was in the house when it was brought down and they did not give them notice nor allowed to remove any of their properties before destroying the place.”

On her part, Precious Odubu, wife of the former Deputy Governor’s brother, said at about 4 p.m, she noticed some policemen came into the compound and she accosted them to inquire about their mission.

Her words “the way they came in, not through the main gate, I was afraid and asked about their mission, and they told me that they want to demolish the house and if there are children in the building, they should be brought out.

“Without even waiting for my response, they just brought in their bulldozers and started destroying the house without allowing us to remove our properties,” she stated.

Before the demolition, it was reported that the property was being occupied by the younger brother to Odubu.

However, the Edo state government was yet to speak on the demolition as at the time of this reporting.

Ad

X whatsapp