21 Chibok Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Clutches

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Oil Prices Aren’t Likely To Rise Anytime Soon

Analysts surveyed by Reuters expect Brent Crude to average $67.65 per barrel and WTI Crude to average $64.65 per barrel this year, with slight adjustments from previous forecasts. Factors contributing to the subdued oil price outlook include rising supply from OPEC+ and non-OPEC+ producers, slowing demand growth post-summer, and uncertainties from U.S. trade policies. Major…

US denies visas for Palestinian officials before UN assembly

The administration of United States President Donald Trump has announced it is denying and revoking visas for members of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Palestinian Authority (PA) before the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September. The announcement was made in a statement released by the US Department of State on Friday. “The…

2027: Crack as Tinubu’s Northern ally, Senator Marafa Dumps APC, accuses president of betrayal, neglect

By Obinna Uballa A major crack has emerged in President Bola Tinubu’s Northern political base as a key stakeholder and former Zamfara Central Senator, Kabiru Garba Marafa, together with his supporters, have all resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing the president of betrayal and neglect. Marafa, who reportedly coordinated the Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Organisation…

Ad

The spokesman for Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, has tweeted confirmation of the Chibok girls’ release, saying 21 of the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants have been rescued by the military.

Sources close to the Borno state government told Channels Television that some girls were brought to the air force hospital in Maiduguri.

The girls are said to be undergoing screening to determine their state of health as well as their profile.

One of the abducted girls, Aminat Ali Nkeki was rescued in May 2016 during a raid on Sambisa forest by the military.

Also in August, the terrorist group Boko Haram released a ‘proof of life’ video of the girls.

Over 200 girls had been abducted from their hostels at Government Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state in April 2014.

The girls abduction had raised a world wide condemnation including the UN Secretary General Ban ki Moon and U.S First Lady Michelle Obama, culminating in the formation of the group, BringBackOurGirls, that have been at the forefront of pushing for the release of the girls.

Ad

X whatsapp