Marriage Scandal Deepens In FCMB As Over 1,000 Sign Petition To Sack Adulterous MD, Nuru From Bank

'Dotun Akintomide
Writer

Ad

Tinubu Departs Brazil for Nigeria After State Visit

By Abiola Olawale President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has concluded a three-day state visit to Brazil, departing the country for Abuja on Wednesday, August 27, 2025. The New Diplomat reports that the presidential jet took off from Brasília International Airport Air Force Base, with a ceremonial send-off attended by Brazil’s Secretary for Africa and the Middle…

President’s son jailed 6 years in fraud case as power tussle soars in Equatorial Guinea

• Two brothers at war over who succeeds Nguema Mbasogo By Obinna Uballa An Equatorial Guinea court has sentenced Ruslan Obiang Nsue, son of President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to six years in prison for illegally selling a plane belonging to the state airline, Ceiba Intercontinental, a case analysts say reflects growing rivalry within the…

Details: Why Roosevelt Ogbonna Quit Access HoldCo board

• He remains Bank MD, Says Access By Obinna Uballa Access Holdings Plc has explained that Mr. Roosevelt Ogbonna, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc, resigned from the Board of the HoldCo to comply with regulatory guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The company, in a statement signed…

Ad

  • Sparks Reputational Crisis Amid Nigerians’ Threat To Ditch Bank
  • FCMB Reacts To MD’s Alleged Misconducts

The marriage scandal rocking the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) deepens as over 1,000 people have now signed a petition asking the board of the bank and the Central Bank of Nigeria to sack the adulterous Managing Director, Adam Nuru from the bank.

For several years, Nuru, in an office romance of the decade has been allegedly having an extra-marital affair with a subordinate in the bank, Moyo Thomas who was legally married to Tunde Thomas, also a banker.

Thomas, 45, died of heart attack after discovering he has been fathering two children that the illicit affair between the FCMB boss and Moyo produced.Marriage Scandal Deepens In FCMB As Over 1,000 Sign Petition To Sack Adulterous MD, Nuru From Bank

An associate of late Tunde Thomas had told The New Diplomat in confidence that Tunde had been in wonder land over the years, trying to decipher why “none of the two children have any semblance of his look, facial make up or form, either in parts or as a whole.

“Besides, the kind of luxury lifestyle that Moyo was living has been a source of concern for Tunde, raising some initial red flags. He was always wondering how she managed to live above board, spending lavishly more than what her earned income can afford,” the associate added.

However, Moyo would later confess her extra-marital affairs to her husband Tunde Thomas, after escaping with the children to the U.S. She is now seeking asylum there.

Moyo had travelled with the two children on the pretext of going on a vacation to the US from where she called Thomas to break the news and confirmed his years-long fears over the paternity of the two children.

 

Following the news, Thomas has been in depression leading to a stroke. Associates were said to have persuaded him to engage another woman, which he did. However, reports said Thomas died the day he was scheduled to meet his new fiancee’s parents. Autopsy report says he died of heart failure.

Thomas who was buried on 30 December died as an Executive Director of GDL Asset Management Company Ltd. He had previously worked with the erstwhile Oceanic Bank.

A group of campaigners, Justice for Tunde Thomas, is currently spearheading a campaign that is calling for Nuru’s sack as FCMB MD following the paternity scandal that has caused reputational losses for the bank.

A petition online posted on change.org has already gathered over 1000 signatures. The petition was to FCMB, CBN Governor, Godwin Emiefele and two others.

It has also given FCMB two weeks to sack Nuru, on ethical grounds, for his action which has led to the death of an innocent man.

Also, on Friday, an Akure-based human rights lawyer, Bolanle Cole, exposed Nuru in a twitter thread, where he blasted the FCMB for allowing the ‘unprofessional romance’ to fester. Cole issued a two week ultimatum to the bank to sack its MD or risk a campaign of boycott by customers nationwide.

“We use this medium to call on FCMB to separate and detach its brand from this evil man, Adam Nuru, immediately.

“If this notice is ignored and Adam Nuru is at his desk in another two weeks from 30th December 2020, we will be left with no option than to vehemently call the attention of the public to the abysmal lack of ethics in the organization and to advise the members of the public to withdraw their funds and banking business from FCMB”.

Reacting through a statement on Friday, FCMB Group Head, Corporate Affairs, Diran Olojo, said the bank was aware of the allegations making the rounds against its MD.

Olojo said the bank’s board of directors had already commenced a review into the matter.

The bank’s statement read: “We are aware of several stories circulating across several media platforms about our bank’s Managing Director, Adam Nuru, a former employee Ms Moyo Thomas and her deceased ex-husband, Mr Tunde Thomas,” the statement read.

“While this is a personal matter, the tragedy of the death of Mr Tunde Thomas and the allegations of unethical conduct, require the bank’s board to conduct a review of what transpired, any violations of our code of ethics and the adequacy of these code of conduct ethics. This will be done immediately.

“We enjoin all our stakeholders to bear with us as we conduct this review and to please respect the various families involved.

“Our Board of Directors are reviewing all aspects of this report and once they are done with their review, we will revert to you.” FCMB said.

Ad

X whatsapp