222 Directors Fail Promotion Exam For Permanent Secretaries’ Positions

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

Presidency Slams Obasanjo, Says Terrorism Began During His Administration 

By Abiola Olawale The Presidency has criticised former President Olusegun Obasanjo, directly challenging his recent critiques on the nation's security crisis. In a statement issued on Sunday, the Presidency asserted that the foundation of terrorism and extremist violence in Nigeria was laid during Obasanjo's tenure, dismissing the narrative that the current administration inherited a peaceful,…

Atiku slams N17.5trn pipeline security bill, says figure rivals Nigeria’s 12-year subsidy bill

By Obinna Uballa Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has accused President Bola Tinubu’s administration of overseeing what he described as one of the most alarming financial scandals in Nigeria’s history, following revelations that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) spent N17.5 trillion in one year on pipeline and energy security. In a statement issued…

Way Forward: Experts, Policy Leaders Affirm Africa’s Energy Future rests on Technologies As Solewant Group ends 9th Summit

By Pleasure Onohwakpo Policy makers, energy experts, the academia, diplomats, captains of industry, amongst other stakeholders in the oil and gas sector, have unanimously affirmed that for Africa’s energy development to be assured, there must be emphasis on and investment in the training, acquisition and application of emerging technologies to drive it. This was the…

Ad

A total of 222 directors from various ministries of the Federal Government have failed written test organised for them for promotion to the position of permanent secretaries, Independent has learnt.

A total of 300 top directors, who are next in line for promotion as permanent secretaries, were selected for the three-day examination to replace 20 federal permanent secretaries that retired from the service recently.

According to a credible source in the Office of Head of Service of the Federation, at the end of the examination, only 78 were successful for the aptitude test which is the next hurdle to be crossed.

The successful 78 directors wrote the aptitude test on Thursday on the first floor, phase two of the Federal Secretariat Complex.

Only 20 successful candidates will be appointed as permanent secretaries.

According to our source, “Yes, 300 directors were selected for the written examination. When the results were released only 78 were successful while a total of 222 directors failed.

“The successful 78 candidates are currently writing the aptitude test now. At the end, 20 of them who fulfil all the criteria will be appointed as permanent secretaries”, he said.

In line with the federal character principle, one permanent secretary is appointed per state as well as the Federal Capital Territory.

Eligible federal directors from 19 states and Abuja wrote the examination.
The states are Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross-River, Delta, Edo and Ekiti states.

Others are Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Lagos, Nasarawa, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto and the Federal Capital Territory.

Previously, such appointments were based on seniority until in 2009 when the government of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua introduced the tenure policy and written examinations.

However, in 2015 President Muhammadu Buhari abolished the system and based appointments on experience and competence, among other criteria.

Ad

X whatsapp