21 Chibok Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Clutches

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

‘Embarrassing, Insensitive’: ADC Slams Tinubu’s Nomination of Former INEC Chair as Ambassador 

By Abiola Olawale ​The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has criticized President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's inclusion of the immediate past Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in his list of ambassadorial nominees, labeling the decision as both "embarrassing and insensitive." ​The nomination was part of a list of 32 additional ambassadorial nominees sent to…

(VIDEO) Bandits abduct pastor, worshippers in Kogi church attack, govt deploys helicopter, anti-kidnapping squad

By Obinna Uballa The Kogi State Government has launched a coordinated aerial and ground operation after armed bandits attacked a Cherubim and Seraphim church in Ejiba, Yagba West Local Government Area, on Sunday morning, November 30, 2025. Video footage posted by Egbe Emekun Parrot on Facebook and credited to Olusegun Iselaiye shows a state-deployed helicopter…

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed four, injured 10 at child’s birthday party in US

By Obinna Uballa A massive manhunt is underway in California, United States after a gunman opened fire at a child’s birthday party in Stockton, killing four people and injuring 10 others on Saturday evening. The shooting occurred around 6pm inside a banquet hall in Stockton, located in California’s Central Valley. Authorities say children are among…

Ad

The spokesman for Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, has tweeted confirmation of the Chibok girls’ release, saying 21 of the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants have been rescued by the military.

Sources close to the Borno state government told Channels Television that some girls were brought to the air force hospital in Maiduguri.

The girls are said to be undergoing screening to determine their state of health as well as their profile.

One of the abducted girls, Aminat Ali Nkeki was rescued in May 2016 during a raid on Sambisa forest by the military.

Also in August, the terrorist group Boko Haram released a ‘proof of life’ video of the girls.

Over 200 girls had been abducted from their hostels at Government Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state in April 2014.

The girls abduction had raised a world wide condemnation including the UN Secretary General Ban ki Moon and U.S First Lady Michelle Obama, culminating in the formation of the group, BringBackOurGirls, that have been at the forefront of pushing for the release of the girls.

Ad

X whatsapp