2017 Budget Passage Suffer Setback As Senator Goje Confirm Police Raid on His House, Alleges Police Cart Away With Personal Laptop and Several File

Hamilton Nwosa
Writer

Ad

How I Was Able to Leave Guinea-Bissau Amid Coup– Jonathan 

By Abiola Olawale Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, who was leading an election observation mission, has recounted his evacuation from the coup-hit Guinea-Bissau. Jonathan, who was in Guinea-Bissau as the Head of the West African Elders Forum (WAEF) Election Observation Mission when the military took over power, explained how he was evacuated through an Ivorian…

2027: Jonathan's likely Presidential Bid gets PDP’s S'South Support as Rivers Kick, Split

FG Set to Launch Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport in January

By Abiola Olawale The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to launch the Single Travel Emergency Passport (STEP) in January 2026. This new biometric travel document, replacing the outdated Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC), is said to be a key part of the government’s digital reform agenda aimed at strengthening identity management and providing seamless assistance…

Nigeria opens 50 oil, gas blocks as NUPRC launches 2025 licensing round

By Obinna Uballa The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has announced that 50 oil and gas blocks across multiple basins will be placed on offer as part of the 2025 Petroleum Licensing Round, scheduled to begin on December 1. The commission said the bid round, approved by President Bola Tinubu, will be conducted in…

Ad

The passage of 2017 budget by the National Assembly has suffer  a set back as Senator Danjuma Goje Chairman Senate Committee on Appropriation on confirm to the Senate during Wednesday plenary that heavily armed policemen raided his house on Thursday last week.
The Senator alleged that his personal laptop and 18 other files containing information on the 2017 appropriation bill was also cart away and other properties were destroyed by the police during the operation which lasted almost four hours.
“Let inform the Senate that on Thursday last while i was still at the National Assembly, I received a distress call from my house that the police are in my house. The police raided my house and destroyed so many properties.
“At the end of the operation which lasted about 4 hours, the police left with N18 million, my personal laptop and 18 files containing information that has to do with the work we were doing at the appropriation committee to ensure that 2017 budget is pass today Wednesday” Goje said.
The lawmakers appeal to his colleague to bear with him on the delayed in passing the budget as it was due to the police operation. He said since that Thursday he has not gotten any official contact with the police.
Goje alleged that his family is seriously traumatized as they were held hostage by the police during the 4 hours the operation lasted.
In his reaction the Senate President Bukola Saraki said the issue is a serious matter and when he try to reach out to the police through the chairman of Senate committee on police, the information received was that the case has to do with whistle blower who mislead the police.
He advised the police authority that if it has to do with the wrong information from whistle blower, they come out and apologize rather keep silence. The Senate President also thanks the House of Representative who is already investigating the matter.

Ad

X whatsapp